The Internal Medicine
The department of Internal medicine caters to comprehensive health care requirements on an out-patient basis. It is well equipped to manage acute illnesses like respiratory and gastrointestinal illnesses as well as chronic conditions like diabetes and its complications, asthma etc. It is backed by excellent intensive care units managed by board certified staff and round–the-clock care. The doctors provide a caring atmosphere for speedy recovery and maintenance of good health.
The Department of Paediatrics offers child care from birth until 18 years of age in safe and friendly environment. Our team of health professionals with wide range of paediatric training, skills and experience offers special environment and care for children.
Our well-equipped modern and child friendly clinics offer a soothing and comfortable environment for treatment of a variety of acute and chronic illnesses of infancy, childhood and adolescence. Children are given vaccinations, assessed for their growth and development, and screened for any vision or hearing problems in addition to the provision of age-appropriate preventive guidance regarding nutrition, lifestyle and health maintenance issues.
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) are equipped and staffed by the most experienced and highly qualified neonatologists and nurses who provide care to meet the needs of healthy and sick or premature newborns. The nurses and doctors communicate extensively with parents at each and every stage of paediatric care. Our dedicated staff always assures a pleasant stay at the hospital for children.
Intensive Care Services
Intensive Care is dedicated to provide quality critical care and management of critically ill patients and anesthetic /peri-operative management of complex surgeries.
Yenepoya Specialty Hospitals has an expert team of specialists working together to provide unmatched care to patients, and ensure patients’ safety, in a well-informed manner.
Hospital critical care areas include:
- Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Coronary Care Unit
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery Intensive Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency Unit
All these departments are well equipped with latest machinery including Ventilators, Echocardiography USG and ABG and latest monitoring techniques.
The Anaesthesia Department takes care of all high risk cases. The department is equipped with state of the art equipments including anesthesia workstations.
Our team is available round the clock for emergency cases.The team ensures the patient care from pre-anesthetic check-up to post op recovery and care.
We at yenepoya speciality Hospital, have a dedicated Department of Critical Care Medicine that manages 17 ICU beds.
Medical ICU where we receive all kinds of patients, irrespective of their level of sickness.
Cardiac ICU where patients who have cardiac ailments get admitted. Also patients who have undergone coronary Angioplasty are monitored and treated here.All our ICUs are very well equipped we have latest Defibrillators, Patient Monitors, Ventilators, CPAP & BPAP systems etc.
Our ICUs are managed by an efficacious medical team including intensivists, on-duty ICU doctors and well-trained nursing staff.
The department of Anaesthesiology at Yenepoya Specialty Hospital is dedicated to relieving pain by inducing anaesthesia during surgery and other medical procedures.
- The department provides safe and effective anaesthesia for all specialty and super-specialty surgeries.
- Expert Post operative pain management using latest multimodal therapies
- Safe and suitable anaesthesia procedures even for very high-risk, compromised patients for any type of surgery or procedures
- Postoperative Intensive Care Services for patients undergoing major surgery and high-risk patients undergoing regular surgery.
- Provides pain relief for normal delivery by means of epidural infusions of local anaesthetics – Labour Anaesthesia .
- Pain relief services and intensive care for trauma patients.
- Pain and palliative care clinic run by the Department of Anaesthesiology & Analgesia for treatment of chronic pain including cancer pain and chronic pain syndromes.
- Special attention is provided to elderly and children including new born, by our specialist anaesthesia team.
Skin is the largest organ in the human body. Hence it is very necessary to take care of your skin in order to keep it healthy and glowing.
The dermatology department provides consultation for skin, hair-hair fall, baldness and other hair related problems such as ; nail issues, leprosy and sexually transmitted diseases.
The area of dentistry that focuses on dental prostheses. Yenepoya Specialty Hospital comprises of department of Prosthodontics that deals with the restoration and maintenance of oral function by the replacement of missing teeth and other oral structures by artificial devices.
Orthodontics, also called Orthodontia and dentofacial orthopedics, is a specialty department in Yenepoya Specialty Hospital that deals primarily with malpositioned teeth and the jaws: their diagnosis, prevention and correction.
deals with the restoration, functionality and aestheticality of patient’s original tooth, including dental fillings (new fillings and replacement), root canal treatment, crowns, bridges, veneers, inlays and onlays.
It has three sub-specialties:
Deals with the roots of the tooth and its disease.
- Tooth Fillings
- Root Canal Treatment
- Dental Inlays and Onlays
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
To find hidden dental structures, malignant or benign masses, bone loss, and cavities we at Yenepoya Specialty Hospital use Dental X-rays. A radiographic image is formed by a controlled burst of X-ray radiation which penetrates oral structures at different levels, depending on varying anatomical densities, before striking the film or sensor.
Department of Maxillofacial surgery at Ynepoya specialty Hospital specializes in treating many diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the oral (mouth) and maxillofacial (jaws and face) region.
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Surgery to insert osseointegrated (bone fused) dental implants and maxillofacial implants for attaching craniofacial prostheses and bone anchored hearing aids.
- Cosmetic surgery of the head and neck
- Corrective jaw surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of cysts, Tumors