- New equipment to Radiology Dept. with 24×7 cover.
- Lithotripter (urinary stone breaking unit) to Urology Dept.
In a unique initiative Yenepoya Specialty Hospital, Kodialbail, Mangalore is introducing 24×7 Radiology Services with round-the-clock doctor support. This will enable quick and accurate diagnosis of the patients referred to the hospital at any time of the day or night. The hospital has added new upgrades to its Radiology Services by bringing in new technology and joining hands with a team of radiologists headed by three eminent senior consultants, namely Dr. Devadas Acharya, Dr. Ravichandra G. and Dr. Vinayak U. S., to ensure 24×7 cover for the convenience of the public.
Launching this new facility on the occasion of World Health Day on April 7, 2021, the Yenepoya Specialty Hospital in a statement said the initiative was motivated by the urgent need to avoid delays in emergency care. “Proper diagnosis is essential for determining the right course of treatment. Medical emergencies can arise at any time and the treatment should begin without delay. 24X7 Radiology Service with doctor availability will strengthen a vital link in the health delivery system of Yenepoya Specialty Hospital. Being situated in the heart of the city, this will be a big boon for emergency care in Mangalore. It will have life saving impact and provide quick relief to the patients,” the statement added.
Yenepoya Specialty Hospital offers the best of radiological infrastructure which includes advanced equipments. The new radiology equipment upgrades include:
- Canon Aquilion Start CT system – capable of handling all types of scans / interventional radiology work except cardiac scan.
- Philips Ingenia 1.5T MRI system – with the widest bore in the market with built-in audio and video option for patient comfort.
- Samsung HS70A ultrasound system – with 4D scan, Fibroscan for diagnosing chronic liver disease and Foetal imaging.
- DigixEco digital X-ray system – a state-of-the-art digital X-ray system sporting multiple applications to cover wide range of radiological needs.
- Metaltronica Flat SE mammographer – a highly specialized radiodiagnostic mammographer which can deliver clear films of the mammary glands.
The radiology unit of the hospital is supported with adequate technical and nursing staff, uninterrupted power supply and other back-up.
In addition to this the hospital is adding Dornier Compact Delta II Lithotripter with UIMS to its Urology services. This equipment offers powerful imaging, maximized energy and enhanced efficiency to support urologists in relieving kidney stones in patients and improving the recovery time.
Established in 1995, Yenepoya Speciality Hospital, is a 234 bedded tertiary care facility having wide ranging facilities like Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Oncosurgery, Urology and Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology (Including high risk obstetric cases), Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology, Orthopedic Surgery, Neonatology, Pediatric and Pediatric Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Spine Clinic and Dialysis Unit.
For the convenience of patients, the hospital offers cashless admission in association with leading health insurance companies, corporate, institutional, state and central government schemes. Yenepoya Specialty Hospital is fully accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), the premier health care accreditation body in India.